Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Has anyone see this flower

Posted by hummersteve Indy (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 24, 07 at 21:51

Sorry guys no photo.. I was in lowes the other day and I was severly attracted to this flower called "Oriental Violet" It had several buds on it and one flower open. It was pinkish and huge and sorta similar to black and blue flowers but much much bigger , almost bought it but didnt , looks like a hummer magnet, $10, is it,,,,

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Has anyone see this flower

I have no idea what this is, hummersteve. Hopefully, someone else does. Do you think it's a named Salvia hybrid? I'm afraid you've got only the varietal name--not the scientific name. It's as if you were looking at a hollyhock strain called "Ruby Red," but the word "hollyhock" wore off the label and all you've got for a name is "Ruby Red." If you didn't know it was a hollyhock, you'd have a hard time tracking it down. Without that scientific name or a familiar common name, I have no idea what it is. I did do a google search on "oriental violet" and nothing useful came up.

Tell you what, if I'm at Lowe's in the next few days, I'll look for it, and see. Maybe others can do the same. I don't know if your Lowe's carries what ours does, but since our climates are similar, there's a good chance it does.

o
RE: Has anyone see this flower

Kristin

The reason it caught my eye is it had that one big flower open. That was the only name it had that I saw , maybe if I went back I detect something else. See what I can do. Only problem is they only had a few and with the weather people may be snatching them up rather quickly.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here