Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hummingbird Map of Australia?????!!!!!

Posted by kristin_williams 6 (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 1, 07 at 1:59

Was surfing around and found this map. Have I just stepped into the twilight zone? Doo doo doo doo, doo doo doo doo.

Oh, I get it--April Fool!

Here is a link that might be useful: Australia hummer map?????

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hummingbird Map of Australia?????!!!!!

I saw the same thing this morning. Figured it was a joke or at least I hope so! LOL

o

I think someone has an upside down sense of humor Ha! Ha!

o

We're back to the United States map. I guess we won't be following the Australian migration any more : )

That green dot in western Maryland sure looks close, but I'm thinking that bird probably migrated up the east coast and then went west, stopping just short of the highest mountains. So close, so close, and yet so far. I think "my" birds had been moving up the Mississippi valley this past week, or maybe across the midwest, but that movement is stalled with the colder weather. Here in western Pennsylvania, it's supposed to continue unseasonably warm and sunny on Monday and Tuesday, but then we're to get a cold snap with the possibility of snow. It's just as well that they're not here yet.

I think I'll wait for that cold spell to pass, and then put the feeders out. All of this reminds me of when I was a kid and we were driving somewhere and it just took forever! Back then me and my sisters were saying "Are we there yet?"

Now the refrain is going to be "Are they here yet?" The feeling is exactly the same.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here