Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My new Hummer pot!

Posted by Eric580 6a (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 29, 13 at 6:58

The new planter I created. It features marigolds, red superbells, red salvia, and a zonal geranium. Now hummers will come onto the porch :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My new Hummer pot!

that is very nice!! I wish you would use plain sugar water, much better for the hummers. 4 cups boiling water to 1 cup of sugar. Let it cool and feed :)

Karen

o

great job Eric! You're going to see hummers right on your porch this year I'm sure.

OT, I've been trying to find the post you made a month or two ago about setting up a box for birds to take nesting materials. I can't recall if it was in the hummer or bird watching forum. Wanted to add a note that I put up a suet cage with scraps of fabric, pillow stuffing, dog fur, string, etc. I was sure it would be emptied right away, but have had very little taken by the birds, and I put it in a tree near where they all hang out. Then we groomed the dogs outside & all the fur tufts in the grass are gone! I give up lol.

o

Sorry about the red stuff :) It's the last bit leftover from last year. Silly me! My birds have discovered the nesting cage, but they must be waiting for warmer weather to build nests. It's just getting warm here in PA.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here