Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New York

Posted by anita55 zone 6 NY (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 24, 07 at 7:50

What's happening in New York. Hummingbirds on the map all around us, and not one posted for NY yet. Let's go hummingbirds! We're ready for you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New York

I can only assume you mean NYC since there are at least 6 reports for NY. Dont feel alone for there are several sightings here in this state and yet I have not seen any and there have been reports only 20mi from me and in my county, but I do not live right in a city but in a rural area.

o

Gee I just looked at the map, and I see one upstate (WAY UPSTATE) and none in the rest of the state. I must be missing something. Wouldn't be the first time!

o

There are thre3 actual reports for NY, One in Lancaster, Erie County, one at Crown Point in Essex county and one other between Niagara Falls and Rochester. At least 2 of the other reports are actually in PA (right on the state line) and the third that was reported yesterday afternoon may be another for NY but on the NY side of the state line also.

Penny

o

Thanks Penny, and those areas are hundreds of miles north of where I am, not in New York City but about an hour north, and no hummingbirds reported nearby yet.

o

Anita,
There is another dot for yesterday in Suffolk County so they are starting to filter into the south eastern part of NY

o

Anita there is also another report from Glen Spey in Sullivan County

Penny

o

They are just all around me. Patiently waiting!

o

Anita the first report that came in for NY this year is only 18 miles from my house and I haven't seen the first one either.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here