Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My cute little story ....

Posted by barbzeee Florida/Philly too (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 4, 09 at 10:50

Well, I'll try again.. I wrote this cute little story and poof it was gone...so here goes one more time..

Yesterday while sitting in my comfy big chair and attempting to finish my afghan (which I've been working on all winter) I saw something fly by my window..and then again come back..and then just stay there.. looked up as out the corner of my eye I wasn't sure what I was seeing..thought perhaps a bug...but nope..not a bug..it was the humming bird...flying back in fourth in front of my window...couldn't imagine what in the world ????? So I got up looked out the window and only saw the big crow sitting on the water fountain..which was no biggy as the hummers have not been bothered by this... but this little hummer was still flying back and fourth..so I got up and went out side...and the hummer flew away.. I went over to the feeder...Yep, it still had food..but...it had debris over the holes so I cleaned that up..as with the wind lately lots of dust has been flying...so with that I said, "Ok, you can come back and eat" jokingly...and I went inside and as soon as I did..the dang hummer came back and took it's drink..for a good bit too... I started to laugh...Now if somebody told me this.. I'd a thought ..yeah sure you did...but it did happen and to me !!! Well, if that don't take the cake..!!! Now having to convince my friends this happened... they'll think the ole gal has lost her mind..perhaps I have...but one thing... I now know I've been trained..not only by my dogs but by my hummers..... thought I'd give you a few good chuckles for the day....

God Bless

BarbZeee... trained by a little bird

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My cute little story ....

BarbZeee,
You don't have to convince us. We know. That's one of the reasons we love them so much.

o

Thank you for the smile!

According to the migration map they are showing up in my area...put my feeders out tonight...hope they don't freeze on Monday!

Suz

o

BarbZeee, cute story. Can't imagine why anyone would question it. No one here, for sure.

Elaine
Coopersburg, PA
Zone 6

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here