Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hummers in Maryland

Posted by marilena8 Zone 7 MD (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 25, 14 at 13:22

Has anyone seen any hummers in Maryand yet? I have just put out 2 feeders and am wondering if they have arrived here on the eastern shore.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hummers in Maryland

Check out the map, I think they are closing in!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Hummingbird Migration

o

Here is another site as well.......

Here is a link that might be useful: Journey North

o

No sight of them here in baltimore either. I have 2 hummingbird feeders, an oriole feeder, and a hummingbird swing for them to rest on. I also have a bunch of black petunias for them to enjoy when they first arrive. They're probably in the area now, but it's been a very cold spring in MD.

o

I just saw one at my feeder this morning while having breakfast. They are definitely in Baltimore, so they should be everywhere in MD.

o

i saw one today when i gone to visit my friend Paulo. Near his house.

Here is a link that might be useful: Read More

o

I had a male come to the feeder Sunday April 27 2014
So glad they're back

o

One sighting here in southwest VA around noon a few days ago. He fed several times but left and none since. I guess my girl is still in FL :-))

o

I live by Gettysburg PA and we have had them for 1 week so far. Normally I have 3 total that stick around. So far, I have only seen one at a time, so not sure if they are all back yet, or just one "early bird" literally :0)

o

This is Zorro(see pic) who is visiting my garden in Bethesda MD since a week now, so yes Hummers in MD

o

Yes. I have seen one this week here Havre de Grace, MD.

o

My feeder has had many visitors! I think they're nesting in a bush or tree near by. That's a lovely photo of your hummingbird. What kind of camera are you using?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here