Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
tropical plants to attract humming birds?

Posted by thestrangeangel (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 24, 08 at 17:09

what are some good tropical plants to attract humming birds?
double points if you can give me some plants to keep mosquitoes away as well. (minus points if its citronella)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: tropical plants to attract humming birds?

Where are you? It must be somewhere relatively warm, but how much rainfall do you get?

I just had an encounter out back -- I was putting a few things out to dry to take advantage of the weather, and I heard the familiar "Chip" of an Anna's. She came down within a foot of my face to get a better look. She then went to feed off of some succulents I have - an aloe with red tubular flowers and a dudleya. Pretty amazing up close like that.

o
RE: tropical plants to attract humming birds?

Im in Barbados this link shows the anual rain fall
http://img236.imageshack.us/my.php?image=graphrainwn9.gif

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here