Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Welcoming hummers to North East Ohio

Posted by megaul Z5OHIO (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 8, 07 at 17:19

I put my feeders out last week, 'just in case'.

Haven't seen any yet, and don't think I'm going to see any today...Easter, April 8th in North East Ohio, just off Lake Erie.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Welcoming hummers to North East Ohio

I was in question as to whether Rubys liked pop-cicles here in northern Illinois and have been bringing the feeders in every night during this cold front. You might consider asking if hummers like snow cones.

We got up to the mid-50s today but southers WI is expecting heavy wet snow tomorrow. Hope it stays up there.

Al

o

Those are just too cute! Thanks for posting the pictures.

We're still not back to normal temperatures here in southwestern Pennsylvania, but I think we're finally starting to turn the corner. Our highs had not climbed above freezing for days, but today we soared into the 40's. Wow! I guess by now that snow has melted off your feeders--at least in the daytime. (Smile). By Saturday, it's supposed to return to the 60's and night time temperatures will no longer be below freezing. That should get those hummingbirds moving again.

That said, did you notice another dot or two on the migration map? The one that amazes me is the one in extreme northern Indiana near the Michigan border. That was on Sunday the 8th, and temperatures must have been pretty brutal there. It's good to see that someone was surviving the bitter weather.

Here is a link that might be useful: Yet again, that darn Hummingbird Migration Map!

o

megaul
I am not too far from you and the ealiest I have seen my hummers return was on April 28th.two years ago. With the weather this year, unless we get a really nice southern breeze from the gulf, I am thinking sometime in early May. Some will be heading our way via Lake Erie once they come up the Missippippi flyway

Penny

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here