Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Video - Chick Fledging

Posted by dellwo 10 (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 7, 08 at 17:37

I've posted a video of a chick's first flight-->HERE

It was just pure luck I got this. I set my digital camera in my window sill to see if I could catch a feeding. Seconds later mom arrived and fed them. Then the chick took off and landed on a couple branches before returning to the nest.

Enjoy, Joe

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Video - Chick Fledging

That's amazing! Brought tears to my eyes as if I was the proud Mama!! I love the "look" on his face. "Wow! This is cool...What do I do now?" Thanks for sharing your luck!

o

Wonderful! Thanks for sharing this video.

Janice

o

Beautiful!!!!! Thanks!!!

o

Loved it! thanks for sharing!

o

How long after did the other one take off?

What a great video!! Thanks for sharing...

Jane

o

They were out of the nest the next morning and momma was sitting on eggs she'd laid on the 7th. Here's her shading them in our heat wave.

Here is a link that might be useful: More Pics

o

Beautiful! Priceless! Thanks for sharing.

o

I am awestruck!!! Thanks for sharing this priceless video. I am going to be checking my rose bushes for a possible nest. Did not know they would nest there.
Happy Girl

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here