Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hummers in Michigan

Posted by bluebirdbabe z5 MI (My Page) on
Sun, May 4, 14 at 7:04

just posting to let Michiganders know to get your feeders out :) I saw a male hummer 2 days ago

Karen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hummers in Michigan

Put mine out a couple of weeks ago to get an early start but saw my 1st hummer on Sunday as well!

o

I've seen 1 ever (been in my house 5 years). I just put a new feeder out last night. Not sure what I'm doing wrong or if our area just doesn't have any (about 20 miles south of Detroit).

o

You could always try hanging up a red tablecloth or bunches of red Solo cups throughout the yard - in other words, make your yard a big, red target!!!!! Sometimes it works!!1

o

And/or put out multiple feeders.

This post was edited by mbrowne on Fri, May 16, 14 at 0:43

o

It also helps to watch right at first light or in the house before dusk. That's when they are mostly to visit. If you have them, of course, they will visit all day, but at dusk and dawn you are more likely to see them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here