Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vickilovesboxers

For Hummersteve

vickilovesboxers
14 years ago

Hi Steve

Please read my last comment to you on my post about My best Hummingbird picture ever. I wanted to also tell you that I mostly only use the Optical zoom. Outside full sunlight I sometimes use the digital zoom-which would give you 80x. I have taken some VERY clear pics at that zoom ratio. The thing is it is unnecessary to zoom at 80x, because you can do that with the software.

I can usually get a very good pic at only 20x optical.

This camera will let you get very good pics at 200 iso, which is way better than other digital cameras can do.

The Hummer picture I uploaded for this forum has an ISO of 200 and is still bright and clear.

Vicki

Comments (7)

• hummersteve
    14 years ago

thanks Vicki I will ck out the picks from your other post.

• hummersteve
    14 years ago

Hi Vicki--- Yes I took the plunge, maybe I will recieve it in a week or so. J & R elect. and broadway are about the same cost but J-R gives the bill-me-later option to pay it off in 90 days so I went with them. I am really looking forward to getting it and learning about the new camera. Since I already have experience with my S5 that will help some as Im learning I think.

• vickilovesboxers
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hey Steve-good for you.
    I hope I did not steer you wrong-but I don't think I did.
    Almost all reviews on Amazon are 4 & 5 star. I did read one review from someone who owned your camera and did not like the SX10.
    I think the SX10 is just fantastic--I have captured pics I never could have gotten--including my Hummingbird pics--with it.
    Keep me posted and please post some of you Hummingbird pics on here! I know you will get some good ones. I haven't yet been able to capture my resident male--but it is just a matter of time!!
    Have fun and by all means use the macro for some Bees and Butterflys and flowers---it has amazing macro abilities.

• mbuckmaster
    14 years ago

My wife and I "gave" each other the Powershot SX10 for Christmas...it's a really great camera for the value. Perfect for gardeners who only want to point and click for good pics (like me), but also enough features for a more serious photographer (like my wife) to play with. The zoom is just crazy!...80x. Really love this camera.

• hummersteve
    14 years ago

Vicki-- You didnt steer me wrong I dont think I can lose I like you take some shot thru my window of hummers. The sx10 with the almost double optical zoom of the S5 can do nothing but give me better shots for what I want to use it for. Instead of having to go to the end of my S5 telescoping range where the quality will be a little grainy , I should be somewhere in the middle of SX10 range for the same shot, at least thats what Im hoping for. Im scheduled to recieve my camera on tues, cant wait to try it out.

• hummersteve
    14 years ago

Vicki-- You can count on my taking pictures with it and if I get an exceptional shot I will post it. Most digitals have the good macro ability and this one might be better, time will tell. Once I get a little practice with it and learn the ins and outs , it would be nice to show off a little.

• hummersteve
    14 years ago

hummer activity here has been unusually slow so far, so pics can be hard to come by, may be well into june before things really pick up much around here when the younguns start coming around.

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting
More Discussions