Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mislabled plants..common incognito names?

Posted by dakster z6 Cent.CT (My Page) on
Wed, May 30, 07 at 8:54

Do we know any "good" plants that are sold under the incorrect names? Well, maybe not incorrect, but names we aren't accusomed to seeing.

Reason I ask is b/c last week I bought; "Gartenmeister Fuschia" that was being sold under the name; "Honeysuckle Fuschia". If I hadn't already owned the plant in the past I would have passed it by.

For someone like me who does not know them very well by sight yet, this will behelpful information.

Thanks! :-)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mislabled plants..common incognito names?

Plants are regularly mislabeled, and sometimes the names seem to be made-up. I have seen plenty of names that I don't think properly apply to any plant, let alone the one to which the label is attached. However, Honeysuckle Fuchsia is a name that I have seen used for Fuchsia triphylla/Gartenmeister Bonstedt fuchsias.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here