Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
still waiting

Posted by mantorvillain z4bMN Dodge (willbeane2000@yahoo.com) on
Sat, May 10, 14 at 9:47

No hummer sitings here yet :(
Feeders are up and i have a zillion other birds incl 3 male orioles but hummers are slow.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: still waiting

They're out there, Mantor. They're so tiny and green they're invisible unless they're moving. All the pros said if the feeders are up they will come, so hope you'll get some soon.

o

Mantor, try watching your feeders in the hour before dusk. That's when you're most likely to catch them.

o

I feel your pain!!!! It is snowing and blowing as I post this - there are sightings of rufous and calliope hummingbirds in East Glacier, Montana and Fernie, BC so I hope WHENEVER the weather morphs into real spring - they will come!!! The feeders are filled and ready for any brave little birds that care to stop by.

o

Snowing in May?! Where in God's name do you live?

o

Ha ha!! - southwestern Alberta - we get a lot of crazy weather here because we are so close to the mountains. Today is pretty nice, cool, but things are starting to happen - buds are breaking on the lilacs and just a hint of green on all of the trees. The calliope and rufous hummingbirds have been spotted in Mountain View, the extreme southwest corner of Alberta so I hope they continue on over here.

o

Finally got a couple but they seem to have been 'passing thru'. Well at least I know they've come this far. I've had some every year so will just have to be patient til I get some 'stickers'.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here