Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
It's funny how one tiny bird can make your day ;)

Posted by tracey_nj6 6 (My Page) on
Mon, May 10, 10 at 11:27

It was just a windy, chilly, lousy day outside yesterday, but this little girl sure did make it better!

If you'd like to share your 2010 first sighting pics here, please do!
Happy Hummer season to all.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: It's funny how one tiny bird can make your day ;)

Congrats Tracey! Hopefully you will see plenty more in the next few days.

I did not have a camera ready when I saw my first hummer on 4/29. Have not seen one since. :c(

What kind of feeder is that? It looks like a saucer type feeder, but with a perky pet top. I don't recall seeing a perky pet saucer feeder.

Ken

o

Yes Ken, Perky Pet Oasis. I initially purchased at Lowes for $10, maybe 2 years ago, then they stopped selling them. I still check to this day, and nothing. I purchased additional ones on Amazon. I love them; so easy to clean, no spillage, hummers have no issue with them. I have 4.
I only had the camera outside because I was attempting to get a shot of the 2 mockingbirds at my suet feeder, but I failed. Hummer came by; she didn't flinch when I walked across the deck to get it. That's always a good!

o

saw my first hummer ruby throat sat 5/8 , saw her again on sunday,been cold and rainy since so not seen again, but since the columbine are blooming they will be here ! first sighting last year was 5/1 .

o

Tracey

I wasnt able to get a pic of my first sighting they are so timid at first but I did get one today and not a very good one overcast day.

Photobucket

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here