Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vickilovesboxers

My first good Hummingbird Picture

vickilovesboxers
14 years ago

I am sharing this picture on this forum, in spite of the fact that all your pictures are better and more detailed than mine. This is however, the best Picture I have ever taken of a Ruby Throated female at my feeders.

I also know how encouraging the folks are at this forum and that is why I want to share it here.

The picture is taken with my new Canon Powershot SX10IS.It is set on auto at full 20x optical zoom-hand held through my living room window.

I think I will really be able to take excellent pictures outside when I learn the ins an outs of the camera.

Thanks for looking.

Vicki

{{gwi:984611}}

Comments (17)

• bigshoes213
    14 years ago

What a beautiful picture. I look forward to seeing many more.

• vickilovesboxers
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks bigshoes-I appreciate your comment.I hope to get some pictures of the male and some of the soon to be born fledglings this season.

• ctnchpr
    14 years ago

Great shot, Vicki!!! The colors are so vivid! As you learn to use the features of your camera, you may be surprised at what can be done. Might we also try videos?? Lookin' forward to seeing more!

• lacombe
    14 years ago

I love the picture Vicki, I hope to get some pictures this year too. I just put our feeder out last week, I'm in Alberta Canada, it still might be a bit too early. I really enjoy watching them feed and flying around.

• vickilovesboxers
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks all
    and by the way ctnchpr I could never match your videos!

• piliar
    14 years ago

Great capture and close up check out my photography page at www.pbase.com/piliar

Here is a link that might be useful: Pbase

• vickilovesboxers
    Original Author
    14 years ago

pilar-
    I followed the link and looked at some of your pictures. They are awesome for such a young man. Keep up the good work--I expect to see some of your work on Natgeo someday.
    I feel very honored that you took time to look at and comment on my picture. Thanks
    Vicki

• ctnchpr
    14 years ago

Neil,
    You have quite a gift there, young man. Please post more pics of your hummers here. (A teenager who loves nature and nature photography!? Let's clone him. I'll take two.)

• mbuckmaster
    14 years ago

Great pic, Vic! =)

• rob_a
    14 years ago

Nice picture Vicky! The color is great, and I like getting to see all that detail. Post some more when you can.

• nckvilledudes
    14 years ago

Infrequent poster here but lovely shot. Just put my feeders out today--perhaps a bit late but I haven't seen any hummers in the garden yet.

• hummersteve
    14 years ago

Vicki--- I am impressed with your photo if I understand correctly. ON auto and full zoom? I have a canon S5 and it only has a 12x optical and usually on full zoom and auto shots would be a little grainy but yours does not appear that way at all. Yours appears quite clear. You are making me want to sell mine and get an SX 10.

• vickilovesboxers
    Original Author
    14 years ago

O yes hummersteve-full auto and 20x optical zoom! It makes all the difference. The 20x optical zoom can make a photographer out of even me. The camera is sweet.
    Canon Powershot SX10 IS- I love it!!!!! Imagine; I even took it through the window!

• hummersteve
    14 years ago

Vicki--- I want this camera! Im going to get one and put mine up for sale on ebay.

• vickilovesboxers
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Steve-the picture is clickable and will take you to my photobucket account where you can see some of the really nice pics that I have captured with the SX10. I have had the camera for less than one month and I know very little about photography. I am trying to learn some things so that I can get even more interesting shots. You can really grow with this Canon.
    J&R electronics has the best price right now-but be sure to order your 4 or 8 GB Transcend Flash memory card from Amazon as they have the best prices. I also ordered two sets of Sanyo Eneloop rechargeable batteries with the charger from Amazon for under $19 each. That is half the retail price. You will then be set to take fantastic pics.
    Vicki

• hummersteve
    14 years ago

Vicki -- thanks I already have a 4GB card and I also have a battery charger as my S5 also takes AA batteries

• hummersteve
    14 years ago

Vicki I will ck out J & R elec. I notice broadway has them pretty cheap also.

Sponsored
More Discussions