Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hi, my name is Kathy P & I'm an addict

Posted by ogoopogo 5a B.C. Canada (My Page) on
Thu, May 7, 09 at 15:16

Put up my feeder on Tues & OMG!!..
1st one came for a visit @ 7AM & by dinnertime I was getting 4 of them..
They are now fighting over the feeder.. LOL
I've even gone as far as naming 1 of the hummers..
Tell me there are others like me out there..

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hi, my name is Kathy P & I'm an addict

You are in good company for sure! Congrats on your visitors! Depending on how many more you'd like to have buzzing around, put up several more feeders. By late July, Aug. and Sept., I will have 12 feeders up and yes, it keeps me pretty busy! I think the more hummers we have, the more we want...sounds crazy, huh? It sure is a fun addiction!

Donna

o

Hi Kathy,
Welcome!, but don't expect any 12-step programs here. In fact, we wallow in our addictions, and encourage others to join in!! What a pathetic bunch we are! And yes, more feeders will be necessary.

o

LOL.. I thought so.. Glad to see I have good company..

o

Kathy, it's a great thrill for all of us when we see our first hummers in the spring.
If you have seen four at one time, then I agree with Donna. You might want to put up a couple more feeders. More feeders will spread them out, so they don't fight so much.
Have fun with your hummers.

o

As with any addiction you need MORE MORE MORE get more feeders up. I have 4. (so far) LOL

o

Yeah Kathy-just about everyone here is an addict!!!!!
I agree with Lisa--get some more feeders up in different places in your yard. Put some distance between the feeders so the birds can't see each other.
By the time June gets here and the first crop of fledglings are out of the nest I have 6-7 feeders up!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here