Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rowdy13_gw

Please report Hummingbird Sighings in Florida

rowdy13
14 years ago

I'm trying to collect a database of hummingbird sightings in Florida to be able to better predict where and when to expect hummingbirds throughout the year. My project started out with wintering birds as I'm often asked by people who have visited my Websites if they will be able to attract hummingbirds to their location but I've expanded it to include summer reports so we can also find out where they're breeding.

I created a page with an introduction to my site, some photos, and species information (and eventually other information like banding summeries, plant lists, etc.). The home page links to a forum where observers can report sightings. The forum is set up where posts are sorted by county and a search will allow a visitor to sort the posts for specific location. I'm hoping this will build a database of records that will help us understand more about the hummingbirds distributions in the state.

What I really need are the sighting posts. So please visit my site and post a sighting if and when you are seeing hummingibrds in Florida. I encourage all to register but it is not necessary to post on the forum. I will continue to run it this way so long as there are no abuses.

The website is at: http://www.floridahummingbirds.net/

Thank you,

Steve Backes

Valrico, FL

Here is a link that might be useful: floridahummingbirds.net

Comments (2)

Sponsored
SK Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Loudoun County's Top Kitchen & Bath Designer I Best of Houzz 2014-2022
More Discussions