Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Black and Blue Salvia

Posted by christy2828 7 MD (My Page) on
Wed, May 9, 07 at 16:57

Just placed an order at Burpee for Black and Blue Salvia. It was a 3-pack for 15 bucks. They arrived in excellent shape and packaged nicely. Just wanted to share :) Christy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Black and Blue Salvia

I moved most of my Black and Blue Salvia out of my flower bed because it was taking over. It leafed out and has looked great for a few weeks. Today all the plants that I transferred look very droopy and wilted. I hope they just need more water. I noticed that my Mexican sage (or it salvia too?) is already blooming.

o

down to earth, Your transplanted B&B need shade until the roots get established and can take up moisture on their own. Put something in front of them or over them to give them shade for a few days. Sometimes I will put a taller potted plant, lawn chair or small patio table in front of or over my transplants to shade them for a few days and then they won't wilt.

Penny

o

I agree you need to shade transplants for a few days at least. I borrow leafy branches from the nearest tree or shrub and angle them a little to hang over the plant if I can.

o

I notice some of my bigger plants still in pots were in the sun, the leaves were starting to wilt so I moved them into the shade quickly and I noticed later that the leaves were standing tall again, salvia bonfire and subrotunda.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here