Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
hummers come + gone

Posted by kevinmona (My Page) on
Thu, May 10, 07 at 18:44

we live in the south western corner of arkansas and around april 6 we saw our first hummers and then that unusual cold front came and we have not seen any since. anyone else experiencing this in my area?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: hummers come + gone

I am not in Arkansas but I saw my first male on April 29 and by mid morning of April 30th he was gone. I haven;t seen another male since. I did see my first female about 35 minutes ago.

Penny

o
RE: hummers come + gone

I live in NW corner of MS and we saw 1-2 hummers first week in April for 2 days and then the cold spell came and they disappeared for a few days. We saw one April 8 (Easter) and then 4-5 were buzzing all over. We had feeders in several places and all were busy. Now in the last 4 days, we have seen none. We only became obsessed about them last summer so didn't put out feeders last year until August. So, I don't know if these were headed north and just stopped for a while to fuel or what! I'm hoping some will be here soon.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here