Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
where are my hummers?

Posted by lisa11310 z5 MI (My Page) on
Tue, May 4, 10 at 19:08

I have 6 years of calendar notes. I always have hummers by May 1st. The migration map says they got to West Mchigan Earlier this year. BUT I had my feeders out first of April. I have yet to see one. Are they ok? We had some bad temps a few weeks ago.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: where are my hummers?

Maybe there are more low temps to come this year. Birds know things instinctively that we don't know. I usually get them at my place by April 4th, but I didn't see them until April 15th this year. We didn't have more cold weather, they just didn't show up. Anyway they're here now and they are hungry, so get ready they'll be along soon. Cheryl

o

Lisa, you're not the only person in the north whose hummers are late. I don't have years of hummer data because I only started attracting them last year, but many of my other spring birds are late.

o

OK! First female at my feeder yesterday afternoon, boy did she sit there a while. Poor Girl! Glad I had just frshened the nectar that morning!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here