Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
doxiedr

Species by State/Province?

mbuckmaster
15 years ago

There's an excellent website most of us probably know about, hummingbirds.net. Lots of valuable information there, to say nothing of the highly-bookmarkable Migration Map. But one area of the website I'd like to ask everyone in here about--particularly in the eastern half of the continent--is the species by state/province page.

Click the link below and check out your state/province. For instance, I'm in NC, and the listing for my state is: Ruby-throated, Rufous, Green Violet-ear, Calliope, Green-breasted Mango. Of course I see Ruby-throated, and I once think I might have had a Rufous, but the other three seem too good to be true. They are listed in decreased frequency of sightings, so I assume there may have been maybe only a handful of sightings of the less common species. But to have them at all!...we won't go into my envy of you westerners with your diversity of species. =)

So, my question is: has anyone seen these rarer species in your state/province? Has anyone seen, perhaps, the full list of species (surely some vets can proudly say yes to this)?

Hummingbird Species By State

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor
More Discussions