Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
can you call humming birds ??

Posted by wayassfasterthanyou (My Page) on
Sat, May 26, 07 at 23:29

I seem to have my mothers abbility to get birds to land on my hand .
last year I had days where i would be welding in the shop or working in the yard and a humming bird would land on me .
I would then put out my finger and put the little guy through a photo shoot and send him off only to have him come back.
oh well ... maybe humming birds like to get there pics taken??

shayne

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: can you call humming birds ??

Were you humming when it happened? Ok sorry..bad joke.. (ducks the rotton tomatoes thrown at her) I'm just jealous you have such a magnetic finger!

o

We were floating down the Colorado River through the Grand Canyon... beautiful day, sunny.. so we had our umbrellas up, bright colorful umbrellas.. when along came a few hummingbirds. I was wearing a bright pink floral wrap around skirt.. the hummingbirds flew from the umbrellas to my skirt... landing on my leg and just hanging out for awhile. It was awesome. No fear or skittishness being around us.

Truly unforgettable moment.

o

I find that our Hummers are very friendly. I took a tiny eyedrop bottle, which had a red cap so I got an idea. I took a nail and punches a tiny hole in the cap. I put nectar iside and stood next to a feeder. It only took
a minute till a Female Ruby Throat was sitting on hand and feeding from bottle. I was so excited I almost fell off the patio.I am going to try the red top of a 2 liter Coke next
in the palm of my hand.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here