Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best Oriole Feeder Suggestions?

Posted by Eric580 6a (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 10, 13 at 8:32

Hello! My nectar Oriole Feeder just broke because it fell and I was wondering which are the best oriole feeders on the market? Are the ones shaped like hummzingers good? Also how long can I keep them in my neighborhood (first two housees away from me)? Once they leave that little area they go to an empty lot where there are wild berries.Please help. Thanks in advance.

This post was edited by Eric580 on Mon, Jun 10, 13 at 8:46

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best Oriole Feeder Suggestions?

Eric580
I don't know about Oriole feeders, I've never seen one in my area. I have a Hummzinger for the hummers and I absolutely love its ant/bee/wasp free design. I'd have to assume their Oriole feeder would be just as good. Just my $.02 FWIW

Good luck getting them to stay though! It's nice to be able to watch the wild creatures so close and keep them feed and sheltered!.

Sunday I watched a pair of Cedar Waxwings shredding my coco fiber hanging basket. They were so close I could hear their faint high pitched squeeky communication!

o
RE: Best Oriole Feeder Suggestions?

Thanks spaceman13! I have a hummingbird feeder on my porch and its only a few feet away from the kitchen table. Its so fun to watch them eat as we eat:) I hope they stick around. They usaully stay for the wild strawberries a few days. I will put out oranges untill I get the feeder.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here