Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
hummingbirds in VA

Posted by
organic-kiki Zone 6
(gw:organic-kiki) on
Thu, Jun 8, 06 at 10:40

I have had hummingbirds for the past 3 or 4 years and this year they are gone! I am really disappointed. Is there anything going on in Virginia that would cause this? I saw a couple in early spring after the feeders were out and I don't see them at all now. I have moved two feeders trying to get them to come back, but so far no luck. We have a kazillion squirrels, we always have lots, but this year they are everywhere. Would this cause a problem?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: hummingbirds in VA

I'm in Stafford County, near Fredericksburg and we have about the same number as last year (2 or 3 females or juveniles and at least 2 mature males). They are very active, visiting the feeders about every 15 minutes until after dark.

I've heard a lot of talk that the hurricanes last year were responsible for a decrease in hummingbird sightings, but I wouldn't think it would only affect Virginia.

Dave

o

I am in richmond (mechanicsville) va and i seen one and that was only for two days. i been wondering my self what is going on.

o

I just saw a dark green humming bird and I was wondering where are they at and I was hoping to find a website with pictures of so I can do some research on it and maybe get it to come back . I always like looking at those beautiful birds.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here