Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hummingbirds IL?

Posted by pinkturtles 6 (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 1, 10 at 12:17

Hello,

This is my first post. We had hummingbirds last year from spring until the time you take the feeders down in the fall. Where are they this year? We live in North Aurora, IL.

Thanks,
Mary

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hummingbirds IL?

hi mary im from tinley park .saw my first 1 mothers day,which was about 12 days later than normal.had 2 around this past monday till thursday and yesterday didnt see them at all.strange start to the hummer season thats for sure.patience they will be coming(crossing fingers ,lol)

o

Thanks for writing, Coolaces! Well, you were right! This morning we saw our firt hummingbird of the season! I took the downstairs feeder in to clean it the day before (we have another one upstairs off of our balcony) and this morning, my husband spotted one feeding on our fuschia plant, which is on the same hook as the feeder normally is! I was so excited! I ran outside when he was finished to hang up the feeder, hoping he'd come back. I waited awhile and sure enough, he (she?) came back to eat from the feeder!!! Have you had any luck since you wrote?
Mary

o

hi mary its like they filled up for a few days and poof. its been 3 days since ive seen any. pete

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here