Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
No hummingbirds this year?

Posted by kayakgirl (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 16, 10 at 16:22

I'm in Cincinnati, Ohio and haven't seen one hummingbird. So disappointing. In previous years, there were many visiting my feeders by mid-June. Is it possible that the bizarre spring weather and/or the situation in the Gulf could be responsible for the lack of hummers?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: No hummingbirds this year?

i am in northwestern ont canada and have usually 3 to 4 pair at my feeders from around the 10th of may but this year i have only one pair and they did not arrive until the 20th of may. dont know what has happened either.

o

Kayak girl

Im truly sorry to hear that. I thought maybe you were going to say you were from alaska, lol. Im in central indy and I think we have the same weather for the most part. My hummers have been increasing this past week and they are mostly adult males, so surely you will start seeing them very soon.

o

interesting you say that hummersteve because yesterday i had 3 females and 1 more male arrive at my feeders. 6 in total now. so i guess they were just held up somewhere

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here