Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I saved lily bulbs!

Posted by Eric580 5b (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 24, 12 at 22:49

My family and I went to a beautiful walled garden at a park when we spotted bulbs that had been dug up by an animal. I put two in my pocket and took them home to be planted. They were found in a lily patch so I think it's some kind of lily. I can't imagine what would happen to them if I left them to be eaten by an animal!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I saved lily bulbs!

• Posted by jomuir z5 detroit (My Page) on
    Tue, Jun 26, 12 at 11:42

that reminds me of the time I planted a bunch of bulbs. A few days later DH remarked, 'that squirrel just ran off with the biggest acorn I've ever seen.' I wanted to chase it down the street, it had an expensive tulip bulb in it's mouth!!!

Instead I put some chicken wire down & covered it w/soil. Hopefully you'll get 2 nice flowers from those bulbs.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here