Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What other birds are using your hummer feeder?

Posted by chinamigarden z5 MI (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 19, 08 at 13:27

What other birds are you finding on your hummingbird feeder? My daughter took some pictures of a red bellied woodpecker on our hummingbird feeder yesterday. What's on yours?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What other birds are using your hummer feeder?

I have a chickadee that likes to drink out of the ant moat :) Christy

o

Back in the Spring, a Downy Woodpecker and a Tufted Titmouse used mine.

o

We get whopper orioles! They are the most furtive of birds and they make a "chuck chuck" ugly noise I learned to recognize and when I hear it I dash to the window to see if I can spot one, it's tough because they won't even let me look at them through the blinds. We use the glass 27 oz feeders and the orioles hang upside down with their feet around the plasticized wire the feeder hangs from to use the feeder. They must be able to get something like this because they keep coming back. They are really gorgeous and huge.

o

House finches try to swing the feeder to get it to drip. :0)

o

• Posted by lv6b 6B (My Page) on
    Wed, Jul 23, 08 at 10:41

In early May I got a baltimore oriole. He attached himself to the window feeder and scolded me. Needless to say I got a very good look at him! I've seen a downy woodpecker on the tube-shaped feeder. And a purple finch drinking out of the top of a saucer shaped feeder

o

I get Flickers, lesser goldfinches, and even had a White Winged Dove attempt to snag some Hummingbird grub. :)

o

• Posted by zebz 7-8 (My Page) on
    Wed, Jul 23, 08 at 18:32

Downy Woodpeckers for sure, chickadees try.

zee

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here