Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
They sing!

Posted by natalie4b 8-GA (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 19, 07 at 18:34

I was watching two hummingbirds flying and playing on my back yard, and suddenly one of them started to sing/make noises. I had no idea they do that. Have seen them many times, and never heard them sing!
~Natalie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: They sing!

It is fun to hear them isn't it?! There is a male that visits my yard who is very vocal. I found a site that has recordings of many different hummers. Here is the address for the anna's hummingbird. http://identify.whatbird.com/obj/167/_/Annas_Hummingbird.aspx
You should see a "Listen to Call" beside the picture. Under the "Range Map" there is a list of other hummingbirds.

o

So, they do sing! I thought I was hearing voices :-).
The "Anna's" site is great - I enjoyed listening to many birds' calls. Thanks Sherca!

o

Thanks I think I have Anna's They do a lot of twittering besides trying to dive bomb the other hummers.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here