Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I saw a hummingbird in Baltimore!

Posted by tamela_star Zone 8a (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 15, 13 at 19:34

I FINALLY saw a cute female ruby throated hummingbird stop by my feeders today. My neighbor has been seeing one in the morning. My son saw one visit around noon a few day ago, and this whole time I didn't get to see one myself until today! I'm so glad I finally saw it! She came over to the feeders but didn't take anything, flew to the other feeder and didn't drink anything and then she left. I change my feeders once a day when it's really hot like its been. I'm not sure why she didn't drink anything but I know in the mornings it's been drinking from it. I also keep my feeders in the shade. I hope to see her more often. They are the cutest birds!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I saw a hummingbird in Baltimore!

Great! Aren't hummingbird sightings so magical? I just got a feeder for the porch and as we eat our meals, we see the hummers just a few feet in front of us behind the sliding door. They even come to the sliding door when the feeder is empty and needs to be refilled :) So amazing!

o

One of my feeders is hanging from my porch too! I've seen many at my grandparents house in west Virginia but not in my own neighborhood. I saw her again last night around 8. I think it was the same bird. She was circling around a few times and flew away. I think the reason she didn't stop was because there were too many people on my porch. Hopefully she has a nest near by, so we can get even more hummingbirds soon!

o

Here is a picture I took of it!

o

I took these photos with my iPhone 4. They're not the best but its still amazing to capture one on camera!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here