Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bshaw96_gw

House Taken Over By Hummers

bshaw96
15 years ago

I went from worrying if I'd see a hummer this year, to having more than I know what to do with. I've been seeing 5-6 pretty regular everyday. Well, a couple of days ago, as I was turning into the drive, I literally saw them all over my yard, at least a dozen of them. All flying around at the same time. It was wild. And now they are everywhere. All of them so busy fighting over my 3 feeders they don't take time to actually drink from them. And one male has claimed my shepherd hook as his only. I have a feeder hanging from it outside my kitchen bay window, and he sits on it all day, will occasionally take a drink, and dare another hummer to feed from it. But he is pretty much perched there at all times. This is only my 2nd year watching these little creatures. Is the sudden influx related to new baby hummers? Or did more just arrive? With the exception of the male that stays perched on the hook, the rest of them fly around so fast I can't figure out if it's males, females, babies, adults, or what. These birds are just amazing!!!!

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Pierre Jean-Baptiste Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars76 Reviews
Award-Winning Interior Designer in Loudoun County | 12x Best of Houzz
More Discussions