Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Jewelbox feeder

Posted by hummersteve 6 (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 19, 10 at 21:29

Ken

I particularly thought you might find this interesting and even though Ive been gone most of the day I spotted this out of the corner of my eye. It was almost dark and I sitting in my pc chair and not wanting to scare this adult male away before I could capture proof. The impressive thing though is the first nature is also hanging there in the window and he chose to feed from this. I consider this a rare moment.

7-19-10

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Jewelbox feeder

Wow nice country side, do you get a lot of blue birds there?

o

That is strange I have never seen a bluebird here and I have been here 8yrs.

o

Ok just wondering because I heard blue birds like open fields.

o

Are you getting any new action at the Jewel Box Steve?
Is it still up?
Ken

o

Ken

Yes and No . Yes it is still up and no not getting a lot of action. But I did notice a young male sitting on it today [25th] so it is getting used a little.

o

I sometimes wonder just how scatterbrained I can be. I have two window feeders one being the jewelbox as some of you know. I have a stream of hundreds of ants heading to the jewelbox but not the first nature , why I dont know. But the thing that bugs me is I have an ant moat that came with the jewelbox 2yrs ago which I had completely forgotten about till today. I havent needed it till recent, ding ding ding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

o

I finally gave up on my Jewelbox feeder. I have had it on a window for several months, keep the nectar fresh, and have not seen one hummer try it. So, I decided to put another type window feeder in same place, fresh nectar, and immediately had a hummer visit. I don't understand this? I am sorry I purchased the Jewelbox, but live and learn.

o

I have two Jewelboxes plus two regular HummZingers nearby, and all four are busy all the time. I had Hummers at the Jewelboxes as soon as I put them up. We have windowfilm on my kitchen windows, so the jewelbox is just a couple feet away from where I stand at the sink. The other one is in our TV room, also with window film -- the grandkids stand just inside the window to watch . . . so fun to see them up close. Sorry your JBox isn't working out for you.

o

hostagrams

It just seems they are just too used to the first natures. I also have hummzinger up which is used a lot maybe not quite as much as the first nature. Its just as well since the first nature has 8 ports and during migration I get quite a lot so it does help.

o

Well,well, well, I am having more hummers visiting now, and some are feeding from the Jewelbox. I guess I was not patient enough. I was so anxious to watch close up!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here