Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hummersteve

Jewelbox feeder

hummersteve
13 years ago

Ken

I particularly thought you might find this interesting and even though Ive been gone most of the day I spotted this out of the corner of my eye. It was almost dark and I sitting in my pc chair and not wanting to scare this adult male away before I could capture proof. The impressive thing though is the first nature is also hanging there in the window and he chose to feed from this. I consider this a rare moment.

{{gwi:994448}}

Comments (10)

• jay733
    13 years ago

Wow nice country side, do you get a lot of blue birds there?

• hummersteve
    Original Author
    13 years ago

That is strange I have never seen a bluebird here and I have been here 8yrs.

• jay733
    13 years ago

Ok just wondering because I heard blue birds like open fields.

• eigdeh
    13 years ago

Are you getting any new action at the Jewel Box Steve?
    Is it still up?
    Ken

• hummersteve
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Ken

Yes and No . Yes it is still up and no not getting a lot of action. But I did notice a young male sitting on it today [25th] so it is getting used a little.

• hummersteve
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I sometimes wonder just how scatterbrained I can be. I have two window feeders one being the jewelbox as some of you know. I have a stream of hundreds of ants heading to the jewelbox but not the first nature , why I dont know. But the thing that bugs me is I have an ant moat that came with the jewelbox 2yrs ago which I had completely forgotten about till today. I havent needed it till recent, ding ding ding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• nanaboo
    13 years ago

I finally gave up on my Jewelbox feeder. I have had it on a window for several months, keep the nectar fresh, and have not seen one hummer try it. So, I decided to put another type window feeder in same place, fresh nectar, and immediately had a hummer visit. I don't understand this? I am sorry I purchased the Jewelbox, but live and learn.

• arleneb
    13 years ago

I have two Jewelboxes plus two regular HummZingers nearby, and all four are busy all the time. I had Hummers at the Jewelboxes as soon as I put them up. We have windowfilm on my kitchen windows, so the jewelbox is just a couple feet away from where I stand at the sink. The other one is in our TV room, also with window film -- the grandkids stand just inside the window to watch . . . so fun to see them up close. Sorry your JBox isn't working out for you.

• hummersteve
    Original Author
    13 years ago

hostagrams

It just seems they are just too used to the first natures. I also have hummzinger up which is used a lot maybe not quite as much as the first nature. Its just as well since the first nature has 8 ports and during migration I get quite a lot so it does help.

• nanaboo
    13 years ago

Well,well, well, I am having more hummers visiting now, and some are feeding from the Jewelbox. I guess I was not patient enough. I was so anxious to watch close up!

Sponsored
Fineline Deck Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars11 Reviews
Women Owned Construction Company Specializing in High Quality Decks
More Discussions