Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Patience paid off

Posted by davemidohio 5 OH (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 12, 10 at 22:26

Sat for about 30 minutes waiting for evening feeding time. Seems like everytime one shows up, a family member comes outside, stands between me and the flowers, for the purpose of asking me what I'm doing! The camera glued to my face sitting three feet from red flowers confuses them! lol

Here is a link that might be useful: Hummer album

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Patience paid off

Great pics, Dave!! You froze the motion of the wings very well!

o

Wow that shutter speed is crazy fast. Nice shots!

o

Thanks for the comments.

mbuckmaster, I shoot at 1/500 and always use a flash for hummers. These are towards dusk, but I use the flash in daylight also.

Also added a few more from tonight, including a couple nice ones of a male showing off his colors.

o

Great job, Dave, #16 is a Masterpiece!!

o

I discovered that photos on facebook may not be that user friendly, especially if you are not a member and logged in. I reposted on Webshots at this link.

Dave

Here is a link that might be useful: New Hummer album

o

Beautiful pictures! I'm happy to get a half-way clear shot of a hummer with my point & shoot. :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here