Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rob_a_gw

Window Feeders

rob_a
14 years ago

I have a cheap window feeder from Lowes that leaks. The hummers like it, and the ants love it to because it leaks. I took it back for exchange and the second one leaks to.

My hummers miss the window feeder, and come looking for it. What do you recommend for a widow feeder thats good quality?

Thanks

Comments (12)

• eigdeh
    14 years ago

Hi Rob,

I have a droll yankee window feeder that I really like. High quality and it does not leak. It does not have an ant moat, but since it never leaked I guess the ants never found it. I see Hummzinger has a window feeder with a moat. I never saw it in person though.

Ken

Here is a link that might be useful: Droll Yankee window feeder

• chinamigarden
    14 years ago

Aspects makes a nice window feeder as well. It sells for about $20 and has 3 feeding ports.

• mimidi
    14 years ago

Heritage Farms has a good one too. I have had one for probably 4 years and never had any problem. Model 7930

• hummersteve
    14 years ago

Mimidi

I went to heretige farms and did a search for model 7930 with no results,, discontinued?

• hummersteve
    14 years ago

The best viewing on window feeders would be the kind without the bottle to get in the way as hummers have a tendency to hide behind it and they are more apt to leak.

• rob_a
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks for the input guys. I appreciate it. And if anyone else has a window feeder they like, let me know.

• mbuckmaster
    14 years ago

I just caved in and bought the Aspects feeder mentioned above (Hummzinger), and it is very good. I don't need the ant moat myself, and you can hang it with or without it. It doesn't leak, nor can I see how it would ever leak. I got mine from Nottawa for $18...more than I wanted to spend, but the quality is good and the hummers like it!

Here is a link that might be useful: Nottawa Link

• hummersteve
    14 years ago

mbuckmaster

You just cant beat Nottawa for price and service. I have compared all over the net and you just cant beat them.

• mimidi
    14 years ago

Hummersteve I am sad to hear this feeder has been discontinued. It has been a favorite of mine. I am looking at it as I am typing and there are several hummingbirds fighting over it. In the mornings when I come into my computer room to turn on the computer the first thing I do is look at that feeder. From the middle of March until the middle of October I see hummingbirds at this feeder.

• hummersteve
    14 years ago

mbuckmaster

I also caved too, went back to nottawa and got the above mentioned from aspects plus the happy eight-2. The happy eight has extra guards if I need them for the jewel box. Im gonna try em without the guards though as it might make hummers shy away. I wanted something I could view the hummers a little better at my pc window. I hope this works this time.

• eigdeh
    14 years ago

HI Steve, I have 2 Droll Yankee feeders and I really like them both. One is the window feeder and the other is the LF3. THe Happy eight looks like a combination of both. I would have gotten one if I needed the one quart capacity and the need for 8 feeding ports. I hope you like it.

Ken

• hummersteve
    14 years ago

Ken

I may not need the quart capacity and may only fill it half full but last year I had quite a few trying to feed at the window during august so I felt it was better for me to have the capacity to do it if I needed it. This year I will admit there doesnt seem to be the activity at the window Ive had in the past so far. I have some extra of those tiny walmart feeders and hung 4 up on the vine support posts[tonight] and I was able at times to see every one of those used.

Sponsored
Your Source for Tailored Remodeling Solutions in Loudoun County
More Discussions