Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pictures of Hummers ?...

Posted by alii 5 (deee47@netscape.net) on
Sat, Aug 25, 07 at 10:17

Are there pictures of adult and baby Hummers anywhere here?
Being new to this its hard to tell the diffence. I thought
we were only getting 2 hummers now I think there are more. I can see a feeder from my computer chair and now I am thinking there are more than just 3 but they all look the same but one
being smaller. We are in a mobile home park.. a block from the
creek and flowers.. no other neighbors even have feeders or flowers. I tried to take a pic but my Digital wouldnt zoom in that close. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pictures of Hummers ?...

Hi Alii, and welcome.

You will find many posts here with pictures of hummers. Perhaps the most complete (and beautiful) collection can be seen at: http://www.pbase.com/uncledave/hummers

You can also see both juvenile and adult hummingbirds in our bird gallery at the link below.

hth,

Kenn

Here is a link that might be useful: Kenn's hummingbird photos

o

Kenn, it's me, Tammy, from the bluebird forum. I just checked out your hummingbird photos. Do you set your camera to have a high ISO? 400? But, when you do that isn't the photo more blurry? Yours are so sharp.
Tammy

o

Hi Tammy,

High ISO settings (above 200) are quite noisy on the Sx-IS cams and really only useful in low-light situations. I try to shoot at ISO 80 in good sunlight whenever possible. I will use ISO 100 on less sunny days... and even ISO 200, but only on very cloudy days or when the sun is low in the sky and I just have to get a shot.

hth,

Kenn

o

Thanks Kenn. still learning.
Tammy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here