Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bird Droppings!

Posted by Jack_Tripper none (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 27, 13 at 14:43

I'd love to put up a feeder but the location where I can see it outside my patio door gets a lot of foot traffic.

I'm scared of tons of bird droppings under the feeder. Anyone else have this problem and what's the easiest way to minimize or clean the mess?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bird Droppings!

I'm no expert, but you shouldn't have a problem. I have 11 feeders up, 4 of which hang near my breezeway, leading to a patio. I only see their little droppings while they are in flight. Put up your feeder, sit back and enjoy!

o

I'm with Donna. I've had two feeders on my deck since the beginning of July, and no droppings under them.

o

You're kidding, right? A bird the size of hummingbird?

o

• Posted by ditas z4-5 Iowa (My Page) on
    Tue, Sep 3, 13 at 22:05

I'm w/ mbrowne, besides li'l bitty breeze can blow them like dust!!!

The only things I find under & lining up to the shepherds hook for a treat to the feeder, are ants! only on a couple ~ I spray soapywater around to deter ~ it works!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here