Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bees, Bees, and More Bees

Posted by liljagster MO (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 4, 08 at 16:52

I had to name the title that after seeing the wasp post.

My problem is bees. They come around 10:00am and stay until about 1 or 2pm, but there are so many that the hummers have trouble getting to the spicket and they eat most of the solution. I will reduce the amount of sugar I use and see if that helps, but what have y'all done to get the bees to stay away? I had to move the feeder farther in the yard so that my dog doesn't become a victim when she walks out there, but it's less enjoyable now. Thanks! If I knew how to post a pic, I'd show you the great ones I took of my hummers!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bees, Bees, and More Bees

I can't help you with the bees, but I can help you post a pic!!! Go to photobucket.com and register. You have to register, but it is free. Then you upload your photos. Copy the HTML code (3rd one down) and paste it in your 'message.' It'll look like code, until you click 'preview message.' Good luck with the bees and look forward to your pics :) Christy

o
RE: Bees, Bees, and More Bees

Thanks, all my pics are currently in kodakgallery.com and will consider photobucket for those that I want to share with the world.

I noticed ants on the feeder today - since I moved it out to the yard! LOL, but I know how to control them!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here