o
Just knew last batch of nectar was the last this season

Posted by alii 5 SW Lower Michigan (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 17, 07 at 8:07

I make 3 qts at a time needless to say most of it gets tossed
when changing/cleaning the feeders. I looked out just before
taking my grandson to the bus at 7:20AM and sure enough there
was my bossy hummer fluttering around the saucer feeder! It
seems so cold, I think its 50 degrees. And just to think the last 2 nights was 38 degrees and they (2) are still here!!
My friend said there was frost those 2 cold nights. Now its headed toward 80 degrees for this week.. so maby they will be here a while yet :) Commin'up another pitcher of nectar :) :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Just knew last batch of nectar was the last this season

alii-- Im on my third last bag of sugar but they still keep coming, had an adult male drop in for a day and half, was here yesterday morning but wasnt here last evening. May see another adult male before its over. But our time is getting short for this season.

o
RE: Just knew last batch of nectar was the last this season

This past week i have had 2 hummers left...seeing them less and less.....this am I got up and went out on the deck to see if i could see them and i saw 1......have not see any since and usually i see them more than once before noon...I'am thinking the one i saw this am was a passerby...I keep one feeder up till end of oct....I'am a little NE of Grand rapids

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here