Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Video

Posted by ctnchpr (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 2, 09 at 11:13

This little juvie male was guarding some Cardinal flowers.

Here is a link that might be useful: It has sound, but mostly cicadas

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Video

Nice video ctnchpr!

Care to explain what the second feeder is on your list of videos? Is that a home made feeder? Was it hard to do? Looks interesting from the side!

Ken

o

Thanks, eigdeh! That's a homemade PVC feeder. It started as almost a joke, but it turned out to be a very nice feeder. It may not look it, but it's easy to maintain and it puts the hummers in what appears to be a very comfortable feeding position. You need to have a lot of hummers to make it practical. Here's its evolution over the past 3 years -

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

Wow!!!

Amazing feeder, I applaud your creativity! I can see why those feeders are supported from the bottom rather than being hung!

I don't have the volume of birds to use one of those, but I think Steve should look into getting in contact with you! :c)

Did you think about making a window feeder version of that? Bottle on one side and not in view of the window, ports only on the outside? That would be pretty cool!

o

Nice vid nice feeder but a little loud. I havent noticed any cicadas in this area yet, maybe its a little early.

o

Thanks, eigdeh & hummersteve!! A PVC window feeder?...hmmmmm...now that's a good idea!!!

Here's another video of the little chap. You can see his throat move when he chirps...

Here is a link that might be useful: video

o

PLEASE DON'T GIVE HIM ANY MORE IDEAS!!! He's already taken over part of the dining room with his "creations".

:)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here