Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The Slowdown Has Started!

Posted by donnalovesblue (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 25, 09 at 11:17

While I'm still blessed with many hummers, I've noticed a decline over the past 2 days. The feeders are not being emptied at break neck speed as they have been! There is just one lone male among all the females (lucky little guy!) and he keeps trying to guard one particular feeder to no avail...guess he's outnumbered!

So it looks like the end is slowly approaching. I may take down a few feeders and leave their favorites up. Sad to see 'em leave, but it's been a remarkable season.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The Slowdown Has Started!

Yes it has. I had hummingbirds all over the place Sunday but Monday they had slowed down to a drip.

I have had several to come in this afternoon. They look real well fed and I have plenty of flowers and full feeders for them. There are also so many wild flowers growing in the fields, pastures, and roadsides for them They will not be leaving here hungry.

o
RE: The Slowdown Has Started!

I only have one migrant here in NY right now but I have more flowers than one hummer can possibly empty so between the flowers and the feeders which she is using the most she is going to leave here well fed.

Penny

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here