Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How far along is Migration Home...Are they still around in IL?

Posted by lovefornature 5B IL (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 17, 08 at 13:54

There hasn't been too much posting on this board lately. I wondered if anyone has any reports of still seeing Hummingbirds in their area.

I live in IL, was especially wondering if anyone is still seeing here.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How far along is Migration Home...Are they still around in IL

I'm near Grand Rapids, Michigan and still have a couple of hummers. They usually hang around for another week yet.

They are getting fat for sure.

Ron

Here is a link that might be useful: Feeding Hummingbirds

o

Hi, there are quite a few birds at my home. Some are the same birds--I can't say but what others are just stopping in on their way south.

I live about 90 miles due east of St. Louis.

Becky

o

hi love; i live 25 miles south of chicago; usually have 3 birds around now have 6; the regulars usually hang around till oearly oct,depends on the weather

o

Hi ..I live in Pnconning MI and my Hummers left for awhile but then in this last couple of months they came back. Three of them were very tiny, babies I think. Now I have the ruby throated but these tiny ones were different. One had a black body and a slight lighter underside..ten theres the other baby that has the black head. Are they Rubies also?
Carol in MI

o

I saw a couple yesterday at the feeders. Near Peoria, IL.

o

I still have 3 or 4 today and have been having that many daily but with the cooldown coming I expect them to move on out.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here