Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How about some head shots!

Nice shots! Thanks for showing those. I see we use the same camera.

o

Thanks much-- for me its more the lens than the camera.

o

Great pics Steve! I like the 1st esp. those tiny yellow feathers on the neck, is that a female? Your lens really zooms in close.

o

JO

That is a young male in fact all photos appear to be young males. I havent seen an adult male for several days now. Females will most likely be free of any splotching or dark spots under the neck area.

o

Fabulous pics!

I've got a lot of young males here too.

o

Steve, do you still have hummers? We saw one Friday. A plump female.....maybe young male from your photos......all day but no sighting on Sat. or Sun.

o

Steve,

What lens are you using?

o

Those are the most beautiful hummingbird photos I have ever seen.

o

Those are the most beautiful hummingbird photos I have ever seen.

o

Wonderful! I can't believe what great pictures some of you are able to take. Great that you share with the rest of us. I already miss my hummingbirds.

o

Thanks to all for your nice comments on my photos.

Salliestar-- I just launched another post for season ending hummers- last one on 10-20.

denali-- I did some research plus watching what lens others were using then went to ebay and took a chance on a used lens that works well with my canon rebel t2i-- it a sigma 180 f3.5 macro. I saved hundreds but I had been searching for months as I dont have the funds to pay full price. I do love the lens.

o

Lovely pictures!

o

Ladyrose-- thanks, much appreciated.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here