Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pictures

Posted by charlene_in_iowa 5 Zone (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 18, 12 at 19:11

Hi there,

I'm hoping this is "on-topic" enough for this side. I'm curious what camera everyone is using for pictures. A camera that can take clear hummingbird video and photo. We've just been flooded with hummingbirds since recently placing our feeders, and wanted to capture some video. We haven't had good luck.

We've recently purchased a Nikon Cool-pic, S3300. The video was grainy, and the camera is going back.

In anticipation of a new camera, what are you using? We'd like a "camera" for normal, routine things.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pictures

charlene, I have a Canon S5, a good little camera, but I think they're not made anymore. The newer one are much better.

Here is a close-up video of 1 feeder in a group of 15...

Here is a link that might be useful: Video

o

It would be great to see more pictures in the forum. I use a Canon T2i - I think it is an excellent camera. I don't do video, but here are a few shots from this season:

From today:

From last month:

Springtime:

o

You both have posted wonderful pictures. I've attempted to attach a video, I'm pretty close to the hbird, but just the camera is grainy.
I agree, it would be nice to have more pictures-and I'll def try to post-I just need to select a new camera, first :) I'm going to research the Canon series.
Thank you both for your feedback!

http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b239/charlenemp/?action=view¤t=Keep_zpse10f5f3f.mp4&evt=user_media_share

o

Nice. I think you did a good job with your camera. Tough shot with the backlighting. I don't know if a DSLR is the way to go for video - seems like there are too many tradeoffs compared to a dedicated camcorder. My T2i will do HD video, BTW, it's just that I don't use it :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here