Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
valentinetbear

Hummingbird Bush, and a Sore Heel?!

valentinetbear
16 years ago

Gotcha with that title, didn't I?! LOL

Forgive me, but I gotta know BEFORE my heel heals! Went to my very first Horticultural Society function -- a Member's Day, where a bunch of different activities occurred, including me buying a Hummingbird Bush that had its zones it was hardy in (zone 7-4) and it's real name on a tag. So, walked around a lot, but have been having this weird problem with one of my heels -- if I walk a lot, then sit down for a while, it hurts like the dickens, when I stand up. That's not my problem, just the reason I HAVE a problem.

I pulled the tag off the plant to bring it to my computer, and learn how to take care of it. That was my intent. The reality is, I can't find it around me now, and the heel hurts enough, I don't have the guts to search for it. So, I'm hoping, if I describe it here, someone can tell me what to do with it.

It's a very small bush that will grow about 3 feet tall (it might go up to 5 feet tall -- I looked at a LOT of plants, today, so am not sure which is which. Sorry.) The leaves are almond shape. (I joined our horticultural society, because it has the best flower show in the world, not that I'm a horticulturalist, so I don't know the proper words to use to described the different kinds of leaves -- I'm just bearly getting over my brown thumb. LOL) One of the same kind of bushes, which sold while I was at an auction, had a cream color flower/flower clump on it, like a butterfly bush's flowers, but it pointed straight up, and smelled sooooo heavenly! And finally, the seller told me that it could stay outside over winter, in a container (I can only use containers, living in the city with a concrete yard) BUT it would die back into the ground in this zone.

So, does anyone know which kind of hummingbird bush I have? My heel won't be better for a couple of more days, and it's supposed to get quite chilly out tomorrow night, so I need to know how to take care of it without the added pain of figuring out what Dingbell (me - I feel so silly, sometimes LOL) with that little tag!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus
More Discussions