Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A Pictorial Album Under our Iowa Skies

Posted by ditas z4-5 Iowa (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 7, 13 at 22:50

Compiled from 2011 & 2012. I no longer take as much of late, except on unusual occasions as I did *A Sad Event* i recently posted.

Click each frame if interested in captions.

Many thanks for viewing this li'l passion of ours under Iowa skies!

Here is a link that might be useful: Li'l Jewels

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A Pictorial Album Under our Iowa Skies

Your pictures are wonderful, Ditas. I like them better than those in the coffee table books, because they show them in a more natural setting.

You've got a couple of little fatties sitting on the wires there. I'm enchanted by the sight of one of them sitting on a wire. I'm torn now about whether to put my wire back up.

Thanks for sharing those, a real treat for me.

o

• Posted by ditas Z4-5 Iowa (My Page) on
    Mon, Sep 9, 13 at 0:09

Thank you for going thru very copious album!

I didn't take as many pictures this season ~ am just enjoying observing a bit closer, more. I usually wear garden Ts in the floral colors or greens, so as to be inconspicuous & unintrussive. I usually am able to get closer ~ I now even carry a syringeful of sugar drink for handy squirt in my palm, to see if I can lure one to come & sip. Wish me luck ~ I was so close to Ms Speedy in her well guarded trellis wire the other day!

BTW I believe Ms Speedy is the same baby-fluffy guarding the trellis cafe in 2011, again in 2012 & this season as well!!! How wonderful if indeed she was!!!

o

Yes, I believe that. We had a feeder out some years ago and then couldn't put it out the next year, and I saw a hummer hovering in the exact spot where the feeder had been, so I know it had come back.

Now I'm looking forward to next year and I'm going to believe they're the same ones come back.

o

• Posted by ditas z4-5 Iowa (My Page) on
    Mon, Sep 9, 13 at 16:26

From what I've read, even the travelers, enroute home, remember the stops along the way, thoughtfully prepared for them ~ by addicts like us (hahaha)!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here