Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kenn3d

Final Photos of the season?

kenn3d
15 years ago

Hi all,

We really didn't get too many nice shots this year even tho there were about the same number of hummers around here as last year. I'd definitely hoped for some more and better photos than we had. But anyway, our sweet hummingbirds have all but gone now, and I was glad to get a few last shots of this little one yesterday... so I thot I could share them now.

We'll keep the feeders full and be watching for stragglers now, but I fear these may be the last pictures we get for the season.

Hope you enjoy them,

Kenn :]

Here is a link that might be useful: Hummingbird Gallery

Comments (13)

• donnalovesblue
    15 years ago

Wonderful shots, Kenn! Though my hummer population is gradually decreasing, I still have around 15 or 20. Since I'm just 150 miles north of the Gulf, I bet some of yours have found their way to my feeders! While their stay will be brief, don't worry...they are in good hands!

• kenn3d
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks Donna,

Ha... you'll probably be over-run with them as they're all flooding southward into your yard!

Take good care of them please... 'cause we'll sure want them all back next year. :)

Kenn

• phloxmom
    15 years ago

These are incredibly beautiful shots! Thank you for sharing!

• kenn3d
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you phloxmom,

Here's one more we just got yesterday.

Kenn :)

• tracey_nj6
    15 years ago

Wow Kenn, fantastic photos!
    I only had 2 hummers, that I know of, and they were extremely timid. I didn't get one stinking shot this year! Not one! Awful year, just awful :(

• janellelee
    15 years ago

What type of camera are you using? We have a Cannon 30D & Cannon G9.
    Your Pictures are really one of a kind! Congrats!
    And THANKS for sharing thwm... It brightens up my day!

• bdriver71
    15 years ago

Great shots. My guys left Sept. 30th so pics are all that's left to put a smile on my face. I have one of my guys as my wall paper, but I'm not a camera person, so it's not a great pic like yours.

• kenn3d
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks tracey, janellelee, and bdriver,
    We're always glad when others enjoy our photos. :)

Our camera is a Canon S3-IS (usually with a Sony 1.7x Teleconverter lens attached):

We've been very pleased with it.

And btw, all the photos in our main public galleries* are freely downloadable at web resolution (not really suitable for prints, but most of them are large enuf to be used as desktop backgrounds on any but the largest monitors).
    * Birds Blossoms & Butterflies VOL 1
    * Birds Blossoms & Butterflies VOL 2

thanks again for all your nice comments,

• organic_bassetlvr
    15 years ago

Kenn,
    Are you saying it is ok for me to use one of your wonderful pics as my desktop background? I would love to do so! I know many pics on these forums you can right click & save but I never do without asking the person first. So, may I use one or more of your photos as my background?
    Susan

• kenn3d
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Susan,

Sure, we're always pleased when someone enjoys any of our photos enuf to use one as their desktop image.

-------------------------------------
    From our homepage, regarding usage:
    -------------------------------------
    "All the photos in our public galleries are copyrighted, but they are freely available for download at web resolution (not really suitable for prints) for any personal, educational or non-commercial use. If you like any of the images enough to download them, please respect our copyrights, and leave us a comment letting us know. We love to hear from visitors who've enjoyed our photos".

• gatorinfla
    15 years ago

Kenn, I like your choice in cameras, I gave my GF the S5 IS for Christmas last year.
    Query....where did you get the telephoto lens from? Lensmate?

• kenn3d
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi gator,

We got the Sx-IS adaptor from Lensmate yes. The Sony DH1758 TC lens itself we got from an online vendor which no longer stocks it, but it is currently available for less than we paid at http://www.provantage.com/sony-vcl-dh1758~ASNYH00J.htm

hth,

• organic_bassetlvr
    15 years ago

Kenn,
    Thanks for the okay. I appreciate it. One of your pics-the one from Oct 6th with the tongue sticking out is now my background & I may put some of your beautiful blues in my slideshow for my screen saver. Thanks again,
    Susan

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor
More Discussions