Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fawnp_gw

Question

FawnP
12 years ago

Hello, just wanted to say I have learned so much from this forum, but I do have a question. I live in central coastal California where we have a lot of Annas Hummingbirds; right now I am feeding I believe around 20 to 30 birds on 4 feeders that are refilled every day. My question is... In one tree and over two feeders it is full of male's. I will see up to 5 or six males eating at the same time at the feeders, and when you look up into the tree it looks to be full of males. There does seam to be one very healthy male that runs shotgun over the whole group but really he is kinda of mello for a male humming bird. He sets on the fence watching the other males eat and the occasional female quietly. This goes against everything I have read about males not tolerating each other. Is it maybe that they are young? Maybe because there is so much food? Or that it is not breeding season. I am perplexed has been going on for two weeks now. Do Male Anna's Lek?. I would love help with this question, Thank You Fawn

Comments (2)

Sponsored
More Discussions