Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Little Girls Are Gone!

Posted by donnalovesblue (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 26, 09 at 15:51

Got my hankie out and had to shed a few tears today! Both were still here on Sat., but no sign of them yesterday or today, so I'm pretty certain they've moved on. I will leave 2 feeders up for any stragglers who might come my way.

Rob, if you're reading this, as I mentioned in my other post, be on the lookout for my angels. God bless my last little visitors, and have a safe trip!

Donna

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Little Girls Are Gone!

It's so hard when they leave. Talk about mixed emotions. Go, you need to. Stay, I'll miss you if you go. Sad time of the year. I'm sure Rob will take great care of your girls.

Elaine

o

It looks as if mine are gone too. Oh well, now I can get ready for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Then it is only a few weeks until the little jewels return.

o

I've been out of town for almost a week. I expected my pottetd plants to be devastated going that long without water. But it must have rained, they were ok and still blooming.

A cold front is blowing through, but also a nice surprise. Just now I saw a female at one of the feeders. Donna, I think it's one of yours. She zipped in, took a quick sip at a feeder and was gone. She obviously has been snacking here while I was gone.

I'll be up early tomorrow to see if she brought any sisters with her.

o

New years eve reminds me that it's only sixty days until I have to get my feeders out. March 1. Maybe I should get them out of storage tonight and run them through the dish washer! LOL

Hurry up spring!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here