Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Final hummer of season and record!

Posted by hummersteve 6 (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 22, 12 at 18:31

Beat my personal late-date by 1 day and that was sat 20th and luckily I got a photo of the record breaker. Havent seen any since then.

record breaker
Photobucket

heres a few more recent shots of recent hummers and select shots from the season
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Final hummer of season and record!

• Posted by jomuir z5 detroit (My Page) on
    Wed, Oct 24, 12 at 13:29

they sure are late this year aren't they? Great pics, I like the 2nd one best of this group. The iridescence really shows up.

o

Thanks Jo-- Yes I have said they are late this year from the getgo but many have disagreed with me. Still have hope for a straggler you just never know.

o

• Posted by jomuir z5 detroit (My Page) on
    Thu, Oct 25, 12 at 14:56

well DH & I hallucinated that we saw a hummer on Tuesday evening, right around dusk, which is when we see them normally. Thankfully I insisted we leave 1 feeder up, it was near that part of the yard.

o

My last hummer sighting was Oct. 19th, last year was Oct. 20th. I have left one feeder , and will leave it up, hoping to attract a resident hummer! I left a feeder up in 2011 and saw my first hummer Jan., 4, 2012. Sorry, I was not able to capture a picture. But, I have certainly enjoyed viewing your pictures, hummersteve. Thanks!

Nanaboo

o

Beautiful pictures! How do they let you get so close?

o

Yippee, I just saw a hummer sip at my one feeder still up. It was 12:30 pm, temp. in Baton Rouge now is 77 degrees and sunny, I could not identify it. I hope it comes back today!

o

My lone hummer appeared this morning at 8:30 and sipped a few times, female

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here