Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
irish_rose_grower

Attracting birds to my yard on long island ny

irish_rose_grower
15 years ago

I have 2 seed feeders that I've been keeping full of seedss for the past few months. I've been so lucky to have a bunch of chickadees come visit every day! They are just the cutest birds I've ever come across. And they let me and my dog get within a few feet of them and they continue eating. I also have a pretty woodpecker with a bit of red on him. Other than that, I have morning doves, blue jays, cardinals, common sparrows and a very crazy grey bird that has a lot of different whistles and they dive bomb my dog sometimes. I don't know the name of them but they are feisty!

I also keep my 2 bird baths full of clean water. I was wondering how else I can attract different types of birds to my yard? I haven't seen any tufted titmice since I worked on the northshore of long island about 20 yrs ago and they are adorable birds.

If anyone can give me any ideas on how to get differnt birds to visit, and are there any websites that can tell me what birds I can find on the south shore of long island?

Thanks

Comments (2)

Sponsored
More Discussions